We all love pork sausages – it’s one of my husband’s ultimate favourite things to eat. The frustrating thing about pork sausages is that although they have this thick casing around them, they generally burst open … furthermore all the juicy flavours and brownness from the pan stays on the skin. For those that are like me … we generally tend to rip the skin off and set it to one side – and there goes the flavour with the skin! Well I have now worked out how to perfectly fry a sausage without it breaking or bursting or skin and with loads of flavour – I want to share this with you today … it will change your entire outlook on pork bangers!
1. Firstly add the sausages to a pan with a little water – about a cup of water for 6 sausages – put the lid on the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Then put the sausages into cold water and take the casings off.
3. Now put some butter and olive oil in a pan, add the sausages and fry till golden brown – perfect!
I decided to serve these porkies with lovely mushrooms, thyme and lemon. The lemon cuts through the richness and its perfect just with a piece of bread on the side. Enjoy!
- For sausages
- 6 Pork Sausages
- +- Cup of water
- 20g Butter
- 1T Olive oil
- For mushrooms
- 400g Mushrooms sliced – I love a variety of different mushrooms
- 30g Butter
- 1T Olive oil
- Handful of fresh thyme
- 1 Lemon
- Black pepper
- Cooking the sausages - Add the sausages to a pan with water – put the lid on and simmer for 10 minutes. Then put into cold water to cool it down - remove the casings. Now put the butter and olive oil in a pan, add the sausages and fry till golden brown and perfect!
- Cooking the mushrooms - Add half the butter, oil, mushrooms and thyme in a very hot pan. Season with the salt and pepper and fry till golden brown. Do the same with the next batch. Squeeze the lemon juice over the mushrooms when done.
- To serve - Put the mushrooms in a serving dish and add the sausages – serve with some fresh bread.