Oh how we just LOVE garlic bread – but… in my household the average French loaf garlic bread that you buy in the shops is just always too little. We want more – we always want more of that buttery garlic inside and the crusty outside … dammit, I just want more of the flavoursome bread!
So, I decided to take your normal sliced, average bread loaf and make this into a BIG garlic bread for my friends the other day. This is an adaptation or should I rather say step-up of the normal garlic loaf. My friends were all crazy about it but the only thing – it was still not enough!! But … everyone at least had a few delicious slices to savour. 🙂
It’s your choice how much garlic you want to add to the butter – but in my case, this would be loads … let’s face it, it’s not called garlic bread for nothing!
I say go big or go home!
- 1 loaf of sliced white bread
- 250g butter
- 6 garlic cloves, grated (you can add lots more)
- Aluminium foil
- Preheat your oven to 180 °C.
- Soften butter till it reaches a spread consistency. Add the grated garlic and mix well.
- Smear garlic butter between the slices and pack the bread together again. Also remember to smear the heels of the bread as well as the outer crust for that added crispy garlic toasting
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 1h15 in preheated oven.