Here is something simple for you to try this Christmas – a TWO MINUTE stick blender mayonnaise. Most foodies know this fool proof method but I am surprised at how many people still use the old drop-for-drop-oil-method. The big secret behind this recipe is to add the ingredients in a narrow vessel/container in the right order… egg + oil – this is critical. Let the ingredients settle for a minute – then put your stick blender carefully on top of the egg yolk – the blender must touch the bottom of the container … then only then start blending until the mayonnaise starts emulsifying. S-L-O-W-L-Y pull the stick blender up to complete the emulsification process.
Here is a video clip to show you how easy it is to make your very own homemade mayonnaise. Make a cupful or a bucketful, its fresh and fantastic. Its creamy and dreamy and perfect with just about anything…salads + potatoes + dips.
Sending you love, blessings and best wishes from Dublin, Ireland. May you have an enchanting, carefree and fabulous Christmas.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Cup sunflower oil (250ml)
- For seasoning
- ¼ – ½ t salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 big squeeze of lemon juice
- In this specific order – place the egg yolk in a tall container or jug, then add the oil.
- Place your stick blender right on top of the egg at the bottom of the jug and start blending until the mayonnaise starts emulsifying. SLOWLY pull the stick blender up to complete the emulsification process.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice and serve.